Delivering better outcomes through innovative digital initiatives with patient co-creation at the heart. Together as an industry, we can build a business that will:
• Put patients first
• Think patient
• Empower the empowered patient
• Truly get why patients matter
• Understand patients — "The Centre of What We Do"
• Deliver the patient experience
• Go beyond the patient — people
• People: at the heart of every patient
Who is your customer in 2016? In previous years it was "all about the HCP." Physicians continue to be the major goal in engagement, education and access. Additionally, the growth of pharmacies as a venue of health management is a dynamic shift. Pharmacies are shifting to become health delivery agents for the patients, and the patient journey/experience engenders many ideas that pharma must consider. All of this means there are challenges and questions that need answering, including:
• Assessing the innovation landscape today — How do we solve current business challenges with innovation, and how do we incorporate the innovation teams with marketing, IT, regulatory and even RD?
• Developing an overarching and global consumer engagement strategy — What is the level of innovation needed and how can we differentiate with offerings, not just on price?
• Bridging the gap between “pharma speed” and “digital speed” — How and what can we leverage from other sectors?
• Accounting for the absence of a “fail fast" mentality due to the underlying business — Can pharma adopt a company culture that is less risk averse and lends itself to improved operational efficiency to allow for more innovative tools and offerings?
• Engaging pharmacies — How can we establish pharmacy engagement as a growing part of the value chain?